• I like to add square brackets around my nested schemas. :-D:crazy::hehe:

CREATE SCHEMA [[a]].].[c]]]

• sestell1 (11/19/2015)

I like to add square brackets around my nested schemas. :-D:crazy::hehe:

I'm not sure if that's confusing enough. 😀

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • sestell1 (11/19/2015)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (11/19/2015)

sestell1 (11/19/2015)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

good joke

• Thanks for the question. It generated a few interesting comments.

• My last reply about this exciting QOD.

I have appreciated all the posts as each one learnt me something , even the "joke".

When I installed my SQL Server 2008 Developer ( a long time ago 7 years ) , I have created an application ( the same ones in VC# and VB ) to recreate the full creation script of a database . During the test of the VC# version , I discovered the problem of the characters needing the use of the brackets to put around the same of some objects having "invalid" characters.

After around 6 months , when the code was ended , I remembered that I was horrified by the lack of easiness to read this script as every name was surrounded by brackets. It is why I never dared to post the code of this application. I kept it for me , considering it only like a game with SMO ( SQL Server Management Objects ). Moreover , I was not sure that my work could be useful in a real company but I have learnt about 90% of my current knowledge about SMO and I began able to post usefully on the SMO forum.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply