Need to get rid of weird row added to top of groupings

• I'm working with SSRS 2008 in VS 2008, and every time I add a new row group to a tablix and run the report, I get this rogue row above the report with a '0' in the column I'm doing aggregation on. It doesn't show up in design view. Ive attached a picture of what I'm seeing.

I've checked every property and setting I can think of, and can't find anything that sounds like it would produce this phenomenon.

As can be seen in the image, I first just added a row grouping to an existing tablix. After looking for the property for a long while, I grabbed a new matrix object from the toolbox, and added the row group again. I tried with and without header row.

Any ideas? I'm in a brand new position, and this is my first .rdl. I've just left another position doing RS with the exact same tools for a year, and never had anything like this problem.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My SQL Server Blog

• ... I wonder if maybe it's counting 'NULL's. I'll put a filter on the group for NULL and see what happens, although it shouldn't show a 0 for NULL if there aren't any.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My SQL Server Blog

• Nope. That didn't do anything.

My SQL Server Blog

• Well I got it to vanish, but I had to set row visibility to hidden where COUNT(field.value) = 0. Very odd.

My SQL Server Blog

• You might try removing the row by editing the xml directly. Make a copy, and work from that. No need to damage something you were able to get working.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply