need to create a ETL framework for moving sql server tables data to csv files

• Hi,

can anyone direct me to how to go about designing an ETL framework that can accommodate the following requirement.

1.Need to move the data from development to staging and in this process need to count the records in both development and staging and if records not equal stop the process and shoot an email or flag.

2.From the staging the records need to be limited using an sql query to limit the records that will be further used, the limited records will go through transformation and the records are counted before going to the destination(csv file). if any error records have to move to an error table which can be analyzed for the error .

3.how can we implement automation in this process that will help improve the package .

kumar

• That is quite a broad question. Is there any specific problem you are struggling with?

Most of your requirements can be met by using the standard tasks and components of SSIS, so I would look into those.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• once i get started will post the query in further details .sorry for jumping the gun

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply