need inputs for creating a stored proc

• Hello everyone,

Hope all is well. I want to write a stored proc or a package to select data integrating MAS90 and SQL Server 2008. I have never done this before. The data will be selected from a single table from providex db and this db will be online and this table will be continuously updated or inserted and this is the data i need.

If anyone did this before can you please help me.

Thanks a bunch.

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” -- John Quincy Adams

• Thanks for the url

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” -- John Quincy Adams

• While configuring the linked server, which user shd i specify in the security tab of the new linked server window? I meant the "Local Server Login to remote server login mappings:".

Shd this user be existing in both MAS 90 and SQL Server ??

• Also, should I have the MAS90 drivers installed on the server where SQL Server is installed?

Thanks a lot for your help

• I believe there is an MAS90 ODBC driver that you can download. I would install that and try and set up the linked server. Here are some detailed instructions to setup the server: http://community.sagecrm.com/partner_community/b/hints_tips_and_tricks/archive/2010/05/10/connecting-to-a-sage-mas-erp-90-database-as-a-linked-server-within-ms-sql-server-2008.aspx

• Thanks again Bill...I installed the drivers and configured them...but when I tried to create the linked server it hangs...continuous running..its been 45 mins now..i amthinking to kill the process

• No worries. Someone mentioned the same situation in the comments of the instructions on how to create the linked server. It's the first comment. They bounced the SQL service and it worked fine after that.

• I was able to create the linked server connection. But not able to see any tables under the catalogs of the linked server.

but when i test the connection string from the dsn it says connection succeeded and the datasource has 844 tables.

Is this a permissions issue?

Thanks for your help in advance

• The thing is I am able to select data from table AR_Customer thru my select query under the linked server but not able to see anything in the catalogs under the linked server.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply