Need Help with SQL

• Hello, its the first time I am here, I am a new programmer who is currently learning Java + MySql, I download SQL Workbench, I download SQL Server 2019, but I am with a big issue, for some reason it always comes with *Unable to connect to localhost* when I try to connect it  for testing my colege project.

The ones that show up are:

*Unable to Connect to Local Host*

*Cold not acquire management acess for administration*

*RunTime Error: Target Host is configured as Windows, but seems to be a diferent OS. Please Review the connection settings.

Keep in mind that on NetBeans I am using the version 8.2 and using mysql 8 for it....

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Hi Di,

MySQL is a different animal than Microsoft SQL Server.  If you are running SQL Workbench, it is for connecting to a MySQL instance.

Here is where you can get MySQL server.  https://www.mysql.com/downloads/

If you are connecting to a Microsoft SQL Server, it has it's own "SQL Management Studio" for connecting to Microsoft SQL Server.

• I see that is has a trial version, will I need to pay something to use it ? or its a free version ?

I am trying to open a localhost only for testing my project

I get this one, but I dont know how to make it

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Looks like you have Microsoft SQL Server installed and running.  You sure you need Microsoft SQL Server?  Seems like, from your initial message, that you are attempting to use MYSQL instead.  You would need to install an instance of MySQL server if that's what you plan to use.

If you plan to use Microsoft SQL Server, you can install the management studio for it.  Look up "Install SQL Server Management Studio"

As I noted earlier, Microsoft SQL Server is a different product than MySQL Server.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply