Need help with following error: Synonym 'dbo.MSreplication_subscriptions' refers to an invalid object

• Hi All,

I'm having a huge problem with replication and need some assistance.

When I try to expand the "Local Subscriptions" folder on my subscriber instance I receive the following error:

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

Synonym 'dbo.MSreplication_subscriptions' refers to an invalid object. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)

When I launch the replication monitor from the publisher I can see everything is in a healthy state and I can see that transactions are being delivered as I type this so replication is working.

I'm not aware of any changes that were made so I'm not sure what has happened. I have spoke with some more experienced DBA's as well and they were unsure.

Has anyone seen this error before and how did you resolve it? Thanks for the help!

• I would capture the code being executed through profiler and try to determine if it is a permissions issue.

• As per Microsoft this issue occurs when SQL Server system administrator account name is changed. The Configure Distribution Wizard requires the account name to be sa.

Also, MS suggests upgrading MSSQL server with latest SP and HF

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914779

Hope this helps

- SAMJI
    If you marry one they will fight with you, If you marry 2 they will fight for you 🙂

• Thanks for the information guys. Later that evening we tried again and the error never appeard and has not since. We're not sure what happened.

COOL_ICE (9/3/2010)

As per Microsoft this issue occurs when SQL Server system administrator account name is changed. The Configure Distribution Wizard requires the account name to be sa.

Also, MS suggests upgrading MSSQL server with latest SP and HF

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914779

Hope this helps

Thanks for the info. It is highly unlikely this was changed, though not impossible. Will watch for this if we see the error again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply