Need help optimizing a query

• GilaMonster (4/12/2013)

Lynn Pettis (4/8/2013)

jrestuccio (4/8/2013)

Here you go, I tried to include all relevant information.

Again thanks for helping!

-Josh

2) Actual execution plan as a .sqlplan file, not XML plans you included in the spreadsheets.

SQL 2000 forum. Hence assumed to be a SQL 2000 server unless specified other. Hence no XML plans.

Yea, missed that one.

• SQL Server has encountered 146 occurrence(s) of IO requests taking longer than 15 seconds to complete on file [C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\data\tempdb.mdf] in database [tempdb] (2). The OS file handle is 0x00000438. The offset of the latest long IO is: 0x00000001224000

I also get these errors in the log when running the usp_newratesimport on bigger jobs (jobs containing more search results aka more rows to be processed)

I am still working on getting the execution plan.

Thanks

-Josh

• jrestuccio (4/12/2013)

[C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\data\tempdb.mdf] in database [tempdb] (2).

I suspect that's a good part of the problem. If I had to guess, lots of TempDB usage and TempDB still at default config on a not-so-fast drive.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • I've attached the execution plan as a .gif because I honestly couldn't figure out any other way to do it..........I looked at Kraig's guide and did as it said and pasted it into an excel spreadsheet.

Also, I tried creating an index on tfx_v2_unfiltered rates as follows

Timeinserted - asc

hotelid - asc

siteid - asc

It made the stored procedure actually run slower.

Query went from 16 seconds to 22 seconds.

Thanks

-Josh

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply