Need Help on performance Improvement

• Hello All,

I am trying to improve performance of the few queries which are causing most CPU used. which had caused us to restart the process and system down time.

can anyone help me to improve performance of the query. I have attached the execution plan

Thank you All

• Without knowing what the functions used in the query actually look like it's close to impossible to help you any further...

All I can say is: maybe the good old divide'n'conquer approach would help here...

Lutz
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

How to get fast answers to your question[/url]
    How to post performance related questions[/url]
    Links for Tally Table [/url] , Cross Tabs [/url] and Dynamic Cross Tabs [/url], Delimited Split Function[/url]

• Execute your query and then execute this query on another server

Select st.text,sp.* from sys.sysprocesses sp

cross apply sys.dm_exec_sql_text(sp.sql_handle) st

order by sp.cpu desc

it will tell you bottleneck

mostly only CPU usage depend on bad queries,provide queries and your plan link is not working

Regards,
    Syed Jahanzaib Bin Hassan
    BSCS | MCTS | MCITP | OCA | OCP | OCE | SCJP | IBMCDBA

My Blog
    www.aureus-salah.com

• LutzM (5/12/2011)

Without knowing what the functions used in the query actually look like it's close to impossible to help you any further...

All I can say is: maybe the good old divide'n'conquer approach would help here...

I addition, Can you llok at the indexes on users and labs tables?Whats the datatype of the VarId?

Can you post the query?

• Queries, table and index definitions please.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply