Need a Report Developed

• Hello

There is an off the shelf Point of Sale software package named Cash Register Express developed and sold by a company named PCAmerica. It is based on SQL Server Express 2012. The database is quite navigable and the table and column names are intuitive. An associate of mine has the dubious pleasure of using this software in his business.

The Texas Alcoholic Beverages Commission (TABC) requires tax exempt sale to other retailers reported monthly in a CSV file of a specific format.  (which needs to be uploaded to the state web site.)

The file would be easy to produce except that items sold by the case need to be reported by the smallest unit, e.g. if you sell a case of beer, the report will indicate 24 bottles/cans of 12 Oz (as appropriate) and its unit price needs to be computed. Other items on an invoice would be individual bottles and do not need to be broken down like that.

Another point to note is that the codes used by TABC are different than the dept codes used in the database for the items and need translation. E.g., the dept code 'L' (Liquor) is reported as DS (distilled spirit) and Ale is coded ML not B as beer is. So a new static table may be needed. Ideally, these small data files should be ASCII files and read in each time the program/report is executed which will enable to owner (non tech) to maintain it in future if the dept codes change.

The output is a CSV file with the columns/rows as defined by TABC at
    https://comptroller.texas.gov/taxes/alcohol/docs/csv-template.xlsx

The database has customer info table, On account (vs cash)transaction table, invoice table and inventory table which will need to be queried to get the required info.

I am inviting quotes to provide a working solution (an SQL, stored proc or report or a compiled program whatever is appropriate) which will generate the csv file for a given month and year which will be provided as params. I would be able to share a backup of the CRE database to work against.

I am requesting quotes for this job and the time it will take to deliver. A satisfactory demo of the deliverable will be needed before any final payment.

• Hi,
    Could you please let me know where shall i post the quote for this work?

Thanks,
    Ananda Kumar J.

• Please send a PM (message)to me.

• Hi,
    Could you please share your email ID to share the project details?

Thanks,
    Ananda Kumar J.

• ak08820 - Thursday, February 22, 2018 11:12 AM

Hello

There is an off the shelf Point of Sale software package named Cash Register Express developed and sold by a company named PCAmerica. It is based on SQL Server Express 2012. The database is quite navigable and the table and column names are intuitive. An associate of mine has the dubious pleasure of using this software in his business.

The Texas Alcoholic Beverages Commission (TABC) requires tax exempt sale to other retailers reported monthly in a CSV file of a specific format.  (which needs to be uploaded to the state web site.)

The file would be easy to produce except that items sold by the case need to be reported by the smallest unit, e.g. if you sell a case of beer, the report will indicate 24 bottles/cans of 12 Oz (as appropriate) and its unit price needs to be computed. Other items on an invoice would be individual bottles and do not need to be broken down like that.

Another point to note is that the codes used by TABC are different than the dept codes used in the database for the items and need translation. E.g., the dept code 'L' (Liquor) is reported as DS (distilled spirit) and Ale is coded ML not B as beer is. So a new static table may be needed. Ideally, these small data files should be ASCII files and read in each time the program/report is executed which will enable to owner (non tech) to maintain it in future if the dept codes change.

The output is a CSV file with the columns/rows as defined by TABC at
    https://comptroller.texas.gov/taxes/alcohol/docs/csv-template.xlsx

The database has customer info table, On account (vs cash)transaction table, invoice table and inventory table which will need to be queried to get the required info.

I am inviting quotes to provide a working solution (an SQL, stored proc or report or a compiled program whatever is appropriate) which will generate the csv file for a given month and year which will be provided as params. I would be able to share a backup of the CRE database to work against.

I am requesting quotes for this job and the time it will take to deliver. A satisfactory demo of the deliverable will be needed before any final payment.

Hi,
    I am interested in working with you.
    Sent you PM with further details.
    Awaiting your response.
    Regards,
    An

• Hello All

I am working with someone on this and no longer seeking quotes.

Thanks

• ak08820 - Friday, March 9, 2018 4:23 AM

Hello All

I am working with someone on this and no longer seeking quotes.

Thanks

"Perfect".  That means that no one but you benefits from this. :crying:  And with no malice meant to that someone, it also means that you've limited yourself to a single solution.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• I posted about the status of the job I needed so that others would not waste their time by expressing interest in a closed job.
    This is a Job Posting sub group and I wonder what more should I post so that many others would benefit.

• ak08820 - Friday, March 9, 2018 8:17 AM

I posted about the status of the job I needed so that others would not waste their time by expressing interest in a closed job.
    This is a Job Posting sub group and I wonder what more should I post so that many others would benefit.

Ah... My apologies.  I see what you mean.  I didn't realize it was on the "Job" forum. 

Still, you're only getting one opinion on how to do this.  Hope it all works out for both of you.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply