Need a Query to output data in a specific format

• We have a data set from SQL. We need to move the "Team" values for all matching ObjectIDs into one row. I have an image of what is needed, Fig.1

If possible, we need to have the output formatted as the "DesiredOutput" section in the Fig.1.

The query that we have now is:

SELECT
    Personnel.ObjectID
    ,Personnel.LastName
    ,Personnel.FirstName
    ,Personnel.MiddleName
    ,Assigned.Team
    FROM Access.PersonnelTeam
    INNER JOIN Access.Personnel
    ON PersonnelTeam.PersonnelID = Personnel.ObjectID
    INNER JOIN Access.Team
    ON PersonnelTeam.TeamID = Team.ObjectID
    ORDER BY Personnel.ObjectID

Fig.1

Fig.1PersonnelTeamOutput

• Are you able to provide your sample data in a format which we can cut & paste into SSMS, please?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Thank you Phil. Please see attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • I can't execute that 🙂

I mean like this

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS #Personnel

CREATE TABLE #Personnel (<column definitions>)

INSERT #Personnel
    VALUES (),(),() --your sample data

--Same for #PersonnelTeam and #Team

Doing it like this will mean that others can quickly pull a working query together for you.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• I apologize, new to this.

I do not know how to do what you are asking. Again, I am sorry, but I do appreciate your effort. Thank you.

• Probably something using pivot. Knowing how many possible team columns can make it a bit more straightforward, but it can be done dynamically with more effort. There are examples via google (sql pivot unknown number of rows to columns) that have a couple different strategies. Here's the basic example: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/t-sql/queries/from-using-pivot-and-unpivot?view=sql-server-ver15

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply