Named Link BBCode bug

  • Solomon Rutzky

    SSCoach

    Points: 16135

    I think I figured out what is causing the bug to incorrectly reformat certain links such that they are no longer a link and end with "/[url]" being visible.

     

    URL-only links work just fine:

    [url]some_URL[/url]

     

    But, I just noticed that if I save a named link:

    [url=some_URL]text instead of URL[/url]

     

    it gets saved as (notice the extra "url " at the beginning of the opening tag):

    [url url=some_URL]text instead of URL[/url]

     

    which renders as:

    text instead of URL[/url]

    It seems that the "=" immediately after the initial "url" is the issue. I emphasized "immediately" because I found that if I put a space between the "url" and the "=", and enclose the URL in double-quotes, then it works:

    [url ="some_URL"]text instead of URL[/url]

    So, I think there is a bad regex expression (or similar pattern matching dealy) on a filter / transform that is called on incoming text.

     

    Take care,

    Solomon...

     

    SQL#https://SQLsharp.com/ ( SQLCLR library ofover 340 Functions and Procedures)
    Sql Quantum Lifthttps://SqlQuantumLift.com/ ( company )
    Sql Quantum Leaphttps://SqlQuantumLeap.com/ ( blog )
    Info sitesCollations     •     Module Signing     •     SQLCLR

Viewing post 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply