Mysterious Stored Proc

• We have a job that hangs in SQL Server Agent. It runs every minute and does so anywhere between 3 and 7 days..then !voila it hangs(permanently). Anyway, I found a lock on a stored proc that I can't find any documentation on. What is the msdb.dbo.sp_sqlagent_refresh_job? And may it have something to do with my problem?

Thanks

"Keep Your Stick On the Ice" ..Red Green

• Shouldn't, but that is interesting. I believe that sp_sqlagent_refresh_job is just getting the latest status of a job. At least that's what it looks like.

I have some jobs which have hung, but usually it's some other resource issue. What does the job do?

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• The job is an ActiveX script, and since I am new to the company I am not fully aware of what it is doing. See "You know you are a DBA if."

I believe you are right about the stored procedure. I can't find any information in the system or database logs, and I can't tie any information back to the sysprocesses table either. Although I have written some cool scripts to find the jobs running which I'll post soon.

"Keep Your Stick On the Ice" ..Red Green

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply