My stored procedure returns results but, the report returns nothing

• I have added option(recompile) at the end of my stored procedure but, the report still doesn't return any records. Any thoughts? I've also added "dummy" variables.

• There's not a lot to go on there. There's a huge number of reasons why your report isn't returning anything.  You'll need to provide much more detail to get a truly helpful answer.  That said, there are two prime suspects for me when I have the same problem.

First could be that the account under which you're running the report doesn't have permission to see the data.  Second is the possibility that there's no data to find.  If there are any parameters on the report, try widening them i.e. if you've only run the report over a day, run it over a week or a month.

On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
    —Charles Babbage, Passages from the Life of a Philosopher

How to post a question to get the most help http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537

• Thanx. I was running a different date range on the procedure from the report. All is well.

• NineIron - Wednesday, January 2, 2019 7:25 AM

Thanx. I was running a different date range on the procedure from the report. All is well.

Been there, done that 😀

On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
    —Charles Babbage, Passages from the Life of a Philosopher

How to post a question to get the most help http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply