My SSIS import from Excel package works from my PC, does not from Server

• You mention that only Sheet1 is where the problem is. Is this because once the package fails you are not able to get to the data flow task for the details sheet? I am not sure there is not a problem there as well since you are having the tasks operate in a serial manner.

I second the opinion of making certain the account that runs sql agent on the published to database has access to those files.

----------------------------------------------------

• Have you tried setting up the SQL Agent task to use 32-bit runtime? I have seen this many times where it fails to open the package if it can't find the appropriate components needed for 64-bit processing. Just have them go into the execution options for the SQL Agent task and check the "Use 32-bit runtime" box. If they insist on using 64-bit, then I have heard that installing a recent version of Office installs the components required for 64-bit access to Excel files.

• chris.laxdal (11/5/2014)

Have you tried setting up the SQL Agent task to use 32-bit runtime? I have seen this many times where it fails to open the package if it can't find the appropriate components needed for 64-bit processing. Just have them go into the execution options for the SQL Agent task and check the "Use 32-bit runtime" box. If they insist on using 64-bit, then I have heard that installing a recent version of Office installs the components required for 64-bit access to Excel files.

Very true

See this posting : http://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/koen-verbeeck/2013/04/23/force-installation-of-64-bit-ace-ole-db-provider/

----------------------------------------------------

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply