My Sons first birthday this weekend

• What do you get your son on their first birthdays, or what do you think I should do for him?

Its quite hard to know as they dont know much, I guess I could just play with him or take him swimming he loves swimming.

• For your son, soft toys will be the best choice (for me atleast).

BUT, first two birthdays of your son / daughter(s) are dedicated to your wife and 3+ children (my thinking). Try to get something for her and your children (if any...). Enjoy a family party. A happy wife makes a happy family, and a happy family makes a happy home...

Atif Sheikh

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sometimes, winning is not an issue but trying.
    You can check my BLOG
    [font="Arial Black"]here[/font][/url][/right]

• When is it and where do you live?... Days out are nice and aggree that wife'y needs some attension too! She probably works harder at it then you do so try to take the stress off her.

I live in B'wood, Herts and always find that when the weather is good, the St Albans Waffle House is a great plan for an early lunch and then a park walk! There is a massive park just across the road (ponds, ducks swings, open space, roman ruens <- spelt wrong).

www.wafflehouse.co.uk

Kingsbury Watermill

St. Michaels St, St. Albans, AL3 4SJ

01727 853502

Seriously, if you can try it. OOh and soft toys 😉

I'm getting married in two weeks (no kids yet but she wants them). Wish me luck.

Adam Zacks-------------------------------------------Be Nice, Or Leave

• I'd tend to agree with Atif. The first few aren't really understood by the kids. Get your wife some time, have fun with your son in the park, hiking, laying in the grass, etc.

• Thanks guys and girls, I will do that take him to the park or something, its quite warm now, so maybe I can take a picnic. cheers again

Terry

• Handprint, footprint, or first steps footprint kit?

more options here:

http://www.babygiftstation.com/First-Steps-Footprint-Keepsake-Frame-p/gp-1004.htm

• What, no copy of SQL Server 2008?

Might as well get him started on the right early early......:D

Besides - he can always just chew on the box. High in fiber and good for teething, too!!!!!!!:cool:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• Besides - he can always just chew on the box. High in fiber and good for teething, too!!!!!!!:cool:

Or he can play with the CD... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh shiny :p

• My son celebrated his first birthday a few months ago and I took the day off and spent it doing all his favorite things (swinging, walking in the park, etc.). He got so many toys at his party that anything more from us would not have made a difference. But I know he enjoyed hanging out with mom all day!

• A big cake with chocolate icing and lots of pictures! Stuff like this comes in real handy when they're 16 and getting interested in girls!!

😀

Steve G.

• aureolin (8/14/2008)

A big cake with chocolate icing and lots of pictures! Stuff like this comes in real handy when they're 16 and getting interested in girls!!

Or say they hate you cause you never gave the parties, presents etc etc....

Guilty :ermm:

Sibling rivalry.

• Get him a savings bond (or some other type of investment, but a savings bond is nice because you have the actual bond) and hold it till he turns 18. Good thing to look back on.

This is in addition to some toys, etc. My parents got me a savings bond that I still have to this day (and I'm 38). I wouldn't have a clue what else I was given for my first birthday.

• I'm late on the chain on this one, but just spending some time with a 1-year-old is all that's needed.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• My daughter's first bday was two weeks ago. We invited grandparents, relatives and close friends to a restaurant for lunch and cake. First birthdays are definitely not for the child but for everyone else. It was fun to celebrate with our family and friends. That being said, for our first child, we didn't do anything for the first birthday. (I am sure we will hear about how much we love the 2nd child more for years to come. :D)

As for gifts, I am sure he is well loved and has tons of toys so he probably wouldn't notice one more gift. But at this age, my daughter LOVES push toys and this ride-on bike that can also be pushed around. She thinks she is a big kid "walking" around with her push toy. It is adorable.

PS. I love the suggestion for doing something for your wife. I should pass this link along. HA!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply