Thank you very much guys for the helps.
I'm almost new in SQL 2005 (DB) management. So I’m not familiar about db back up-recovery processes.
PaulB, yes it is model database and no application is running on model database.
Here are the features that my database has:
Recovery model: Simple.
Also there was a full back up process (SQL job) which took backup once in a day. Two days before I turned it off (as server was running out of space and size of back file was 10 GB) and removed the back file to another machine to make room for the server.
Our new production server is on the way to set up and I have to move my db (with data) to that server. Still I need 5/8 days and I'm afraid by this time my server may corrupt.
Also after moving to the new server if modellog file grows the same way, I'll be in the same problem.
Jeffrey I have few concerns (perdon me if my concern upset you). The procedures that you gave is ok even I move to new server? If I shrink the log file still I could move to the new server without any problem?
Now few things are not clear to me Jeffrey( Sorry I'm very new):
1. My database is already in Simple recovery mode - so it's ok.
2. Checkpoint - is it a command or part of command.
3. Shrink the log file - Would you please write down the command for that.
4. Alter database- It’s ok
5. Perform a full backup to reset the log chain and allow transaction log backup - Jest taking the full backup will reset the log chain or I need to do something else. Also allowing transaction log backup what I have to do?
6. Set up frequent log backup - You mean I should set a back up only for log file(s)? Is it possible to set for log file only? I set up a back up which was by SQL job (I mentioned before).
Thanks again in advance for the great help.
I need help badly to solve the problem.