My Documents/Visual Studio 2005/Backup Files

• can anybody define what this folder is for?  It is empty unless you paste something into it, and it periodically disappears with all it's contents... rather mysteriously, on its' own.

Cheers,

david russell

• David,

I just started working with VS2005 and SQL 2005 this month.  It appears that VS2005 has a new "autosave" function that, by default, saves your current work every 5 minutes similar to MS Word's auto recover.  This folder is where the files will appear when they are created.  It will usually be empty, unless the VS IDE crashes and an autosaved document was created before the crash.

Hope this helps,

Robert

• Well, it "helps"... helps me understand not to use it for my own saves... but if it is NOT for my use, it doesn't seem to me that it should automatically map to "My Documents"...  There was a post several weeks (months?) ago where someone asked how to make a backup of the solution and I suggested using this folder, cut and paste, in the same thread where MS had answered... wish they had caught that!  oh well, nothing lost that wasn't backed up elsewhere.  Apparently it does automatically clean itself out periodically... this week it was Tuesday between 9:48 and 11:15.

Thanks for  your reply.

Cheers,

david russell

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply