Multivalued and ranged parameter

• Help!!!!!! I've been asked to produce a report which allows the user to either enter a range of codes or select from a multivalued list. I can create both seperately in Visual Studios and they work great in reporting services, but I can't figure out how to use them at the same time in the report. Here is a sample of the code I am using in SQL:

ALTER PROC [dbo].[lmc_sp_rs_NGDM_SplitTest]

@DIAG VARCHAR(255),@DIAG1 VARCHAR(10),@DIAG2 VARCHAR(10)

AS

SELECT DISTINCT

DIAGNOSISCODE,

PROBLEMDESCRIPTION AS PROBLEMDESCRIPTION

FROM PROBLEM_LIST_DATA_ WITH(NOLOCK)

WHEREISNUMERIC(OBSERV_VALUE) = '1' AND

(diagnosiscode IN (SELECT str FROM dbo.split(@diag,',')) or

diagnosiscode between @diag1 and @diag2)

Any thoughts??????

:crying:

• Hi,

It is very simple to use Range in Reporting services. Just create two new report parameters for "FromValue" and "ToValue". Pass them to your query/stored procedure same as you are doing in your procedure.

for example: SELECT Field1, Field2 FROM Table1 WHERE Table1.Field1 Between @FromParam AND @ToParam

And for multivalue you have to create one Multivalue Report parameter, Just select the Multi-Value option (checkbox) and use comma (,) seperated values to use in your query.

But while you create multi-value parameter, be sure you selected STRING as data type.

for example: SELECT Field1, Field2 FROM Table1 WHERE Table1.Field1 IN (@MultiValueParam)

[Here @MultiValueParam is comma seperated values like 1,2,3,4,]

You can also use fetch multiple value form a query by selecting "from Query" option for Report parameter and specify the query for it.

Let me know is this what you need or not?

• Thanks, it worked great!

Now that I that working, do you have any idea how I can set up the report in Visual Studios so the end user can pick either entering a value for the range parameter or picking a value from the drop down list I have for the multi-valued parameter. For example they need to either enter codes 101-150 or pick 101,102,105. When I tried putting the report together it won't run because the mv parameter cannot be null. Any help in this would be extremely appreciated!!

• You can use the query like this in your report

Query:

select Field1, Field2 from Table1 WHERE (Field1 between @FromId AND @ToId) OR Field1 in (@SelectedList)

Parameters:

Allow Null to @FromId and @ToId (single value parameters)

Allow Blank Value to @SelectedList (Multivalued parameter)

Case 1: 101-150 (Range)

@FormId = 101

@ToId = 150

@SelectedList = , (blank values)

Case 2: 101,102,105 (Selected Values)

@FromId = NULL,

@ToId = NULL,

@SelectedList = 101,102,105

Please try it and let me know if it serve you purpose.

Thank you

• Almost!!

The query works great but the Visual Studio report stills needs a little tweaking. The report runs fine when I enter the multi-valued parameter and leave the parameter range null, but if I try to enter the range and leave the mutli-valued parameter blank it gives me an error that I have to select a value.

• Cant you pass "," from VS to Report?

• Yes, missed that. Works great!! Thanks a bunch!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply