Multiple subscribers (SQL2005 and SQL2000) from a single publisher (SQL2000)

• Hi,

I have an issue with replication at the moment which I'd like some feedback on.

I have 1 single SQL2000 server which is using a mixture of transaction and snapshot replication to generate the necessary replication data at a specific time after business hours. I've got 3 servers which I'm replicating to, 1 of which is SQL2005 and the other 2 are SQL2000. For some reason when the distribution agents on the subscribers all kick in at the same time, there seems to be some problems to do with network traffic as one of the subscribers will fail.

Am I asking too much to have 3 subscribing servers all collecting data at the same time? Basically I'm having rowcount discrepancies if I stagger the distribution agents which is no good as I need all 3 servers to have exactly the same data.

Thanks in advance

• Andy,

Even if everything goes fine, no warranty that you'll have the same number of records in the subscription databases as the subscriber finishing last will have the most record. It's by design. If you really need the very same data, you should hack the Log Reader Agent and set it to run periodically.

Do you have any problem with continuous running? I prefer continuously running agents as the startup is a performance hit always. If you can manage it, then you'll have minimal difference between the subscribers.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply