Multiple simultaneous replies

• If I'm replying to two threads at the same time (different browser windows or tabs) then often one of the replies ends up in the wrong thread.

Dunno if there's any easy way to fix this. From the looks of the address bar, the session ID is used alone to see wheere a reply belongs.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Can you give an example? Are you using two post windows/edit boxes at the same time?

• Yup. Two windows (often I have more), replying to a post in more than one. Because of slow internet, I use multiple windows (at work) or multiple tabs (at home) to have more than one thread loading at a time). Doesn't always happen, I did have it three times yesterday. Now that I'm trying, I can't get it to happen. If it happens again, I'll take a screenshot.

I've noticed a similar thing with the search. If in one window I have Posts since my last visit on say page 5, and in another window I search for my posts (both using the control panel) then go back to the first window and request the next page I'll get page 6 of my posts, not page 6 of posts since my last visit.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • It's probably a limitation of the forum software.

I tend to open the active threads and then pop all the interesting ones into new tabs. Then I go back through them one at a time and reply to each one, closing them after I post. My first "active Threads" window seems to be ok unless I go over 20 minutes. Then it gets cleared from the cache.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply