Multi-value param issue

• I have a multi-value parameter which is giving me problems. I have it set to select all the items by default, so when the report loads, it runs the report for all the items for this parameter with no issue. If I then select one item in the list, it works fine as well. When I then select all items again for the parameter and then run the report, the report won't run and the list unselects all the items automatically.

The dataset for the multi-value parameter has one varchar field of distinct values including one blank ('').

Has anyone had this issue before?

In the meantime, I made the parameter single-value and created a "select all" item with no issues.

Thanks for any help!

• Could it be that there is a NULL value in there that is tripping it up? Or rather the setting for "Allow NULL Value"?

• Thanks for the reply!

I don't believe you can set allow nulls with a multi-value parameter. There isn't any nulls in the dataset anyhow. They're all distinct and not null. I don't get what I'm missing here >.<

• Hmmm... interesting.

Is the browser set to show you a new version of a page when you visit it? This used to trip me up as by default it doesn't. I have seen SSRS do funny stuff because of this.

• Well I tried it on a couple browsers remote and local to the RS host to see if there were any different behaviors, but it had the same issue every time.

I don't have this issue within Visual Studio when I was developing the report.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply