Multi-part Articles, Links to Previous Part

• It would be quite useful for multi-part articles to contain a link to the previous part in the header, perhaps after the Author's name.

When one finds a part of the article chain as a result of a search, or noticing it on the newsletter, it is frustrating to have to 'search' to find the previous parts in order read the entire article.

• I agree - but if the link isn't there you can always hit the authors name - then you should get a list of their published articles - which ought to include the earlier one in the series.

Matt ChandlerSoftware test engineer,Red Gate Software

• True, and IF the Author has a very small set of previous articles, and/or IF the previous article had a similar name...

I was fortunate in that the Author only had the articles in the chain -BUT they did have different names. If the Author had had many submissions, it would have been a frustrating experience.

• Yes, I definitely agree; its something for all the authors to be aware of.

Matt ChandlerSoftware test engineer,Red Gate Software

• It's a good point and we try to link back, though sometimes articles come with some time between them and many part series, so it's hard to link them all or remember where they are.

Feel free to post missing ones here and we'll track the previous article down and get them linked.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply