Multi Language Implementation

• We have a web site running on IIS Server 5.0 on Windows 2000 Server. We are trying to connect to SQL Server 2000 Database using ODBC (System DSN) . We are implementing Multi language support for this site . Do we need to change any setting of the SQL (or/and Windows) Collation?

Ex: -

We have :

1)Set the Windows System Locale 938 – Chinese Language

2)Used the code page tag in ASP as 938.

3)Then Created a System DSN by Checking one of the option “Perform translation for character data” (In the System DSN Wizard).

Now, When we try to insert data from asp page to database. Database inserts data as ??????

What is the resolution for this problem? We appreciate your advice on the above.

• Are you viewind this in EM or QA or back thru the ASP page. IF EM or QA I seem to recall an issue with using the ENglish version of these tools or something like that in that they will not interpret the characters at all. It was somewhere on the MS KB site.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• Thanks for the Response.

Can I know what's the article number in MS KB?

Regarding our implementation, the setting are as follows

1.Locale language is English (US) and table column data type is varchar, after insert or update the column value we get is ??? at all the three places EM, QA, and on the Web Page, if that input value is a Chinese character.

2. In asp we are using

session.codepage=65001

response.charset="utf-8"

Is this supposed to be the session.codepage and response.charset ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply