MSX enlist failed for JobServer

• Question on behalf of a coworker. We recently migrated MSX servers. On a majority of the target servers, they were able to be defect from the old MSX and enlist on the new MSX. On a small handful, though, the target server is holding onto the value of the old MSX server. My coworker has tried multiple times, but when trying to enlist these handful of servers, he's receiving an error that says:

"MSX enlist failed for JobServer ... Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint 'UQ__sysorigi_D65E569C548610E8'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.sysoriginatingservers'. The duplicate key is (1)"

I noticed right after that a line that says "The transaction log for database 'msdb' is full due to 'ACTIVE_TRANSACTION'." and suggested maybe there was an open transaction preventing the server from getting enlisted properly, but he insists there are no active transactions on the server.

Googling on the first error section gets me all sorts of UNIQUE KEY threads related to user database tables and nothing related to MSX despite my inclusion of the word at the start of the search. Any thoughts as to what could be causing this issue or where I can look?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply