msSQL and SAGE line 100

• Having a great deal of difficulty finding any information about the DB syntak used in Line 100 by SAGE (major accounting software used in the UK). I am trying to grab sales orders and limit the date but as far as I can make out the date column in the SAGE db (Retrive I think its called) isnt even a date column just a string.

Anyone have any knowledge of line 100..?

Thanks

rolf

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Can you post the SQL code, or is it proprietary? Have you tried contacting the vendor for support?

• The SAGE software uses a proprietary database. Its pretty old and is based on something called Retreive 4G I think!

We have support through the SAGE reseller but they have not been able to answer this question and you cannot contact SAGE directly unless you are a SAGE developer.

I wanted to grab transactions based on an interval from todays date as in Where Datetime = GetDate() type of select.

Thanks

Rolf

• If SAGE is running on SQL Server, and you can see a "date" field, but it looks like character data, try doing:

WHERE DATEADD(day, 0, CONVERT(SMALLDATETIME, MyDateField)) = @MyDateParameter

I'd do the DATEADD part to ensure you are comparing a date, not date+time, to a date.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply