MSP Error: 29537 Upgrading SQL 2K5 SSRS to SP2

• Hello,

I am trying to upgrade a remote SSRS 2005 installation from RTM to SP2. The name of the databases used by this instance of reporting services are like 'xReportServer' and 'xReportServerTempDB', where 'x' is just a string of characters. While upgrading, the Reporting Services component fails with the error:

MSP Error: 29537 SQL Server Setup has encountered the following problem: [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Could not locate entry in sysdatabases for database 'x'. No entry found with that name. Make sure that the name is entered correctly.. To continue, correct the problem, and then run SQL Server Setup again.

The only reference to this I have been able to find is in this post:

http://blogs.msdn.com/emilianb/archive/2008/10/30/could-not-locate-entry-in-sysdatabases-for-database-x.aspx

I need something official from Microsoft, like a KB article or something, to implement any workaround for this issue. If anyone has any information about this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any and all help.

• If it helps anyone, I ended up implementing the solution in the blog posted above and everything worked great. Hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply