Msg 1499, Level 16, State 3, Line 103 Database mirroring error: status 9016, severity 16, state 0, string

• Getting error 
    Msg 1499, Level 16, State 3, Line 103 Database mirroring error: status 9016, severity 16, state 0, string
    when configuring last command on Primary Server to implement mirroring on TDE database.
    I have configured db mirroring on same Primary and secondary servers on SQL Server 2016 Enterprise Edition without any error without TDE implementation but when implemented TDE, it won't work, giving me error mentioned in title above.
    While, same TDE with Mirroring I had successfully done on SQL Server 2016 Developer edition machines without any issue.
    Kindly help.

• shamshad.ali - Wednesday, January 23, 2019 3:38 AM

Getting error 
    when configuring last command on Primary Server to implement mirroring on TDE database.
    I have configured db mirroring on same Primary and secondary servers on SQL Server 2016 Enterprise Edition without any error without TDE implementation but when implemented TDE, it won't work, giving me error mentioned in title above.
    While, same TDE with Mirroring I had successfully done on SQL Server 2016 Developer edition machines without any issue.
    Kindly help.

Without know the steps you took, I would guess it's an issue with the keys since you are getting a decryption error.
    After restoring the master key on the mirror, you want to execute:
    OPEN MASTER KEY DECRYPTION BY PASSWORD = 'YourPassword'
    ALTER MASTER KEY ADD ENCRYPTION BY SERVICE MASTER KEY

That seems to be the step that is missed most of the time. This article goes through all the steps and includes the above - not the steps in red:
    Configure SQL Server Database Mirroring on TDE Enabled Databases

Sue

• This may help you out:
    https://prashantd.wordpress.com/2015/03/18/4218/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply