MSDE & SQL Server 2000

• I had MSDE installed as a part of Share Point Team Services with OfficeXP. One fine day it stopped responding. I tried an uninstall of MSDE which failed midway. I repeated the process of trying to uninstall it and it gave me the error saying "uninist.isu" was not found. I guess it deleted it midway through the failed uninstall process.

Now my MSDE will not work and neither will SQL Server 2000 which I installed after this whole episode. However, I can remove SQL Server 2000 but MSDE continues to linger on my system, and I cannot remove it.

Any ideas? Insights?

Real Programmers don't comment their code. If it was hard to write it should be hard to understand.

• This is a link to an MS msi clean utility that may help. It doesn't list the MSDE product as one of the covered installs but, I believe that is an MSI install and if so, this "should" work. Worth a try.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q238/4/13.ASP

David

David

@SQLTentmaker

“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot

• David, thats a pretty interesting utility I'll have to remember. Only had problems with msi once or twice, but it was a pain when I did!

Andy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply