MSDE 2000 Maintenance Plan problem

• When I create or amend a Maintenance Plan for MSDE 2.0 (SQL 2000) the options for Database Backup and Transaction Log backup are corrupt.

I have copied sqlmaint.exe to the \MSSQL\BINN directory to make Maintenance Plans available for MSDE. This problem occurs with MSDE 2.0 RTM, SP2, SP3. I am running on NT4 SP6a.

At create time, the drop-down list for 'Remove files older than' is blank, also the 'Backup file extention' is blank. I can type the desired value in 'Backup file extension' but not in the list box.

On amend, the above fields are again blank, as is the schedue. The information I entered previously has been lost.

Has anybody else had this problem or been able to fix it? Do I need to copy an additional DLL as well as sqlmaint.exe to get Maintenance Plans working properly with MSDE 2.0

All information provided is a personal opinion that may not match reality.

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Hi,

I am facing the same issue here - has anybody seen a solution to this?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply