MS SQL Sever 7.00 Err

• SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 2 generated fatal exception c0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. SQL Server is terminating this process.

• Take a look at:  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;295114.  Hope this helps.

My hovercraft is full of eels.

• This error can be caused bu many things, I am currently having the same problem where SQL Server crashes or server itself dies after 1 or more of these errors. I have tried many things including changes to memory on server etc. Best of luck with it, I can add that that the cause now appears to be heat related on a particular prod server, it is now stable when kept much cooler. Now O/S or server errors ever gave indications of this, so go figure and I tried a lot of things including re-install of sql and full server recoveries. A couple of things worth trying. Look for the dumps created when you get this error in the sql server logs directory, good pointer to a common cause of your problem maybe with a single database.

• One of the things I found (on MSSQL 7.0) was that at one time a developer had removed the guest user from the master DB (don't know how, but developers have sa privileges on some of our dev servers). When that was the case, SQL Server accounts could not connect to the server through ODBC, unless a database name was specified in the connection, this condition raised the same ACCESS VIOLATIONs.

Just to be on the safe side, you might want to check that out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply