MS Excel DSN/SS2K connectivity trouble - Oy!!

• I've got a user who is on our network but off-site. She is trying to run an Excel report which she's not used before. I am able to run (and refresh) the report OK. She's getting the following errors on data refresh:

Microsoft SQL Server Login

Connection failed:

SQLState: '01000'

SQL Server Error: 11001

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionOpen(Conect()).

Connection failed:

SQLState: '08001'

SQL Server Error: 6

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]Specified SQL server not found.

The DSN is set up to "Use Trusted Connection" and I've got a windows network login for her in the SQL Server.

Also, I'm not sure how to find out which DSN is being used by the Excel document. We've got some shared file DSNs, but I'd like to find out which DSNs are used in the Excel (pivot-tables) report.

• We are thinking it may be an Active Directory issue.. she is on a different domain.

I'm also trying to get her MDAC version info using Microsoft's MDAC checker.

• OK, it was a domain issue. She's on a different domain, but they're going to have her switched to the other.

I also found that you cannot have 2 logins in SQL Server 2000 for 1 user / 2 different domains. I suppose this would work if the username was different for each domain?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply