Moving System db files in Cluster server

• Hi,

i am trying to move system files in cluster server my alter database modify file command but i am getting below error message Can any one help me on this.

Msg 5184, Level 16, State 1, Line 2

Cannot use file 'G:\Data\model.mdf' for clustered server.

Only formatted files on which the cluster resource of the server has a dependency can be used. Either the disk resource containing the file is not present in the cluster group or the cluster resource of the Sql Server does not have a dependency on it.

• Arjun SreeVastsva (4/25/2016)

Hi,

i am trying to move system files in cluster server my alter database modify file command but i am getting below error message Can any one help me on this.

Msg 5184, Level 16, State 1, Line 2

Cannot use file 'G:\Data\model.mdf' for clustered server.

Only formatted files on which the cluster resource of the server has a dependency can be used. Either the disk resource containing the file is not present in the cluster group or the cluster resource of the Sql Server does not have a dependency on it.

The new drive has not been added as a dependency on the clustered sql server service

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply