Moving SSIS packages to another server

• I have developed some packages on one server and would like to move them to another server.

How can I acheive that.

Also...When I right click on the project, what is the BUILD option?

• Maybe it's just me... maybe it's just today; but it seems like, more and more, and particularly in THIS forum, that people are asking questions that could be answered with a little research in BOL... or in this instance, by clicking on "build" to see.

I think I will pass by this forum for a while... what a waste of my time.

Thank-you,
    David Russell
    Any Cloud, Any Database, Oracle since 1982

• Look up the keywords "exporting packages" in Books Online for all the various methods of moving SSIS packages.  The wizard can be found by Right-clicking the package in question.  It's actually very intuitive.

As far as the BUILD button, it is a Visual Studio button for building solutions.  You don't actually need it for an SSIS package, I've found, but it does no harm in playing with it.  Try it out in a Dev environment if you're worried about it.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply