Moving SSIS Package to production from development environ.

• ... and trust me. Spend the hour or two figuring out how to configure connections from a config file or table. Then forget that "Save sensitive data ... user key" ever existed. Don't ever use it again. It will only lead to grief and sorrow!! :hehe:

• BSavoie (3/11/2010)

... and trust me. Spend the hour or two figuring out how to configure connections from a config file or table. Then forget that "Save sensitive data ... user key" ever existed. Don't ever use it again. It will only lead to grief and sorrow!! :hehe:

I agree, will find out how to and then use package configurations.

FYI: Agent is configured correctly to use the right proxy and right credentials. There must be some kind of error on my part or SSIS and I shall find out! But for now it has humbled me enough.

Appreciate you concern.

I shall post the fix/reason incase I happened to stumble across it.

Regards :0)

• Good luck! Definitely interested in hearing the fix should you come across one.

• Deploy your packages to msdb using File, Save copy as from BIDS and select Rely on Server.... for security in the bottom option. You can organise the packages into folders within msbd too and thus keep different project packages together.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply