More Users accessing my DB at one point

• Hi

I am having a database of 50GB where are nearly 20+Clients are accessing data.It is having 2database other than system dbs one is online and another is archive.Tro web page clients will access my db.How many users can be connected to the instance/database at a single point of time(i heared it is 32767)If so 32678th user + Users cant be able access the data at that time.32767 is instance specific or DB specific.

Say if 32760 users are accessing my online db remaing 7 users only can access my archive db

Each client 5000 customers are there so 20*5000 customers access my db at same time then what will happen to server !!!

Thanks

Parthi

Thanks
    Parthi

• First, it depends on how you have connections. Most applications make a connection, run a query(ies) and then disconnect. Through web pages, typically you have many more people on the web server than you have database connections. If you have not designed your application to disconnect at some point when the user is not running queries, you might have issues.

SQL Server does have a limit (32,767, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187882.aspx), but I don't believe that I have had anyone reach that limit or have issues. If all connections are in use, the next connection will get an error. You can handle that in the application and retry, and hopefully a connection will open up.

However if you have 32,000 people connected, that is a lot of resources they will likely be using. It is unlikely that the number of connections will be an issue as you will probably have performance issues before you reach this point.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply