More, More, More

• Gianluca Sartori (5/19/2010)

It would be nice, but consider that this site can sell ads based on the traffic, that would drop dramatically if users could avoid loading the forum page to see replies.

Yeah, I know.

• Today's main linked articles leads me to another request for something I'd like to see on the site. If you're going to post a link to an article on another site that requires registration, could you note that where you note the source?

--------------------------------------
    When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    --------------------------------------
    It’s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    What’s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

• Echoing Jeff Moden's post on page 5, this is by far the best SQL Server resource out there, I used to use google groups for sql research but now I just use SSC bar the odd specific tool site, eg - replication.

Guess I'm a noob on here but have been a SQL DBA contractor in the UK for the last 9 nine years but still I learn something everyday thanks to the newsletters. I like the briefcase function, that's if I remember to check what articles I've stored in there so I didn't forget about them in the first place. A virtual cupboard for the briefcase? 😉

Well done and keep up the excellent work.

How on earth did people ever work without the WWW? :w00t:

qh

[font="Tahoma"]Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. – Carl Jung.[/font]
  • I just came across this editorial. I am an Oracle DBA who has some SQL Server 2005 databases

to maintain. I like tutorials that explain something that is not always simple. A good example is

SSIS. I have had a hard time with SSIS. I always read anything I can find on SSIS, as well as

articles on general SQL Server database administration. Many of the advanced, tricky things don't

interest me, because I do basic SQL Server DBA maintenance, add new users, etc.

In short, keep up the good work in 2011!

David Shink

Viewing 4 posts - 76 through 78 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply