More Memory Optimized Table Limitations

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item More Memory Optimized Table Limitations

• That is interesting

thanks for the question, Steve

• A bit iffy, this one. Change tracking cannot be enabled on a database that contains In-Memory OLTP objects. And CDC is only available from CU15 and up.

Just because you're right doesn't mean everybody else is wrong.

• Thanks for this question Steve. Today's Qotd could not be done quickly at breakfast with morning coffee. It was necessary to study DOCS well, you could "slip" in the recently published article "Beginner Guide to In-Memory Optimized Tables in SQL Server" stating that CDC is not supported on a database that has memory optimized tables. This is no longer the case, as SQL Server 2017 CU15 and higher support enabling CDC, as Rune posted above.

• Good catch on CDC. I've altered the question to remove this.

• I got the question wrong yesterday because I chose the option that was incorrectly marked as unsupported.  Now that option's been replaced, I've got the question wrong because I apparently chose an option that wasn't there yesterday and I wouldn't have picked because it's wrong!

On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
    —Charles Babbage, Passages from the Life of a Philosopher

How to post a question to get the most help http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply