Monitoring scripts

• Hi,

We are using Sql server 2005 and i would like to know some monitoring script so i can do some administration and maintenance like if disk get full and its alert us.

Really appreciate your guidelines.

thanks,

• Take a look at the scripts section of this site. There are tonnes of different monitoring scripts there which you can pick and choose from to build up an alert system that meets your own requirements.

James Howard

• Mr James Howard (6/3/2010)

Take a look at the scripts section of this site. There are tonnes of different monitoring scripts there which you can pick and choose from to build up an alert system that meets your own requirements.

And then you can wrap them into an SSIS package.

We have all our monitoring scripts set as sp's so they can just be called.

There are also several scripts i have for returning all databases and sizes for multiple servers over linked servers.

Let me know.

Adam Zacks-------------------------------------------Be Nice, Or Leave

• Thanks Adams and Jack, i will look the script secion.

Is it onlt sql monitioring script or it has volume level script also?

• Hi,

I found the stored procedure but when i set up the DBMail and job notification, lof shows that it ran but its not sending me an email.

I tried to cross check using sp_send_dbmail and i am receiving email.

Could you please guide me what could be wrong or any other topic i can refer?

Thanks,

• poratips (6/2/2010)

Hi,

We are using Sql server 2005 and i would like to know some monitoring script so i can do some administration and maintenance like if disk get full and its alert us.

Really appreciate your guidelines.

thanks,

We use Powershell to do this on a separate monitoring server.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply