Monitor job for Logshipping - Backup fails

• Hi all,

I have set up logshipping between two servers. The log shipping alert job for backup failed. When I looked into logshipping source the full backup for the database has failed for want of disk space.

How do I bring them back in sync.

I have restarted the backup job. Will the files get syc automatically or should I restore the full backup and allow all transaction log backup to restore automatically since the scheduled job for restore is scheduled.

Please advice

Thanks in advance

Helen
    --------------------------------
    Are you a born again. He is Jehova Jirah unto me

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• I am having the same issue with the Log Shipping Alert Backup job failing.  My log shipping job is working and processing the transactions from the source file, but the Alert job is stating that it is out of sync. 

How can I sync this job?

Thanks!

• I believe as part of the interface when setting up log shipping, there is a threshold you can set which determines how much squawking it will do. You set the amount of time since the last backup or last restore before it will start to whine. I think that parameter has to be set to be less than the interval of your actual backups or restores in order for it not to throw an error.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply