Modify the location of the report 'txt' file in a Maintenance Plan.

• I am running SBS 2011 with SQL Server 2008R2.

I have created a Maintenance Plan and I am now trying to modify the location of the report 'txt' file generated by that plan each time the job is run.

Using SSMS if I go to Jobs in Object Explorer and right click on the job in question and click properties, I do not find anywhere to modify the location of the report 'txt' file.

If I click on Maintenance Plans in Object Explorer and the right click on the plan in question I see 'Modify' (in Bold) in the context menu. However, when I click on Modify nothing happens.

Question #1: How can I change the location of the report ''txt' file in an existing Maintenance Plan?

Question #2: Why does the Modify option (right click on an existing Maintenance Plan) do nothing?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Howard

• For question 2 - if you already have the plan open in the editor to modify, then trying to modify again won't do anything.

For question 1, there is a small button next to the Manage Connections button for reporting. Click that button and you can setup and configure the reporting options.

FWIW - I always disable the text reports, since they really don't have any good information in them.

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• Jeffrey:

Thank you for your response.

For question 2 - if you already have the plan open in the editor to modify, then trying to modify again won't do anything.

==> The plan is not opened in the editor to modify.

For question 1, there is a small button next to the Manage Connections button for reporting. Click that button and you can setup and configure the reporting options

==> How do I get to Manage Connections?

Any additional help will be appreciated.

Howard

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply