Mobile friendly version of SSC

• I would love to see a mobile friendly version/App of SSC for tabs and handhelds , any chance this might happen?

Jay

Jayanth Kurup[/url]

• We have debated about it. There is a significant amount of work for some parts of the site. We do have a mobile QotD that someone mocked up, but not for articles and forums. Forums would be especially problematic since we didn't write the code and it's a more complex system.

We may get there, but most of the time people use this site at work, which tends to mean most people are on laptop/desktop devices.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (7/23/2015)

We have debated about it. There is a significant amount of work for some parts of the site. We do have a mobile QotD that someone mocked up, but not for articles and forums. Forums would be especially problematic since we didn't write the code and it's a more complex system.

We may get there, but most of the time people use this site at work, which tends to mean most people are on laptop/desktop devices.

I second the motion of a mobile friendly site, more than 50% of my time on the site are from a tablet or mobile devices. Shouldn't be too hard;-)

😎

• I like to read articles before bed with my device in portrait orientation. After scrolling past the site links and related resources panel, an estimated 30% of the page is white on the sides of the content. This results in frequent zooming in and out. It's probably the same for computer users who rotate monitors or split their screens vertically. It would be nice if the prime real estate wasn't wasted.

• shok0002 (6/7/2016)

I like to read articles before bed with my device in portrait orientation. After scrolling past the site links and related resources panel, an estimated 30% of the page is white on the sides of the content. This results in frequent zooming in and out. It's probably the same for computer users who rotate monitors or split their screens vertically. It would be nice if the prime real estate wasn't wasted.

good points, but hard to implement for us now. We use some tables to showcase the ads and menu, which are important for now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply