Mo' Power, mo' power

• f="http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,119969,00.asp">64-bit notebook chips, which will be released in few weeks. The new chips are an attempt to catch Intel and crack into the notebook market with newer low power chips.

The new February CTP of SQL Server 2005 has an extended-64 version, which will run on AMD chips. SQL Server's 64-bit version only runs on the Intel Itanium chips. Not that I expect you'll be moving that much data on your laptop, but as one of our new authors points out, having the same setup in all your environments, development, QA, production, and even your laptop, helps ensure that you don't develop something in one place that won't work in another.

Or more importantly for DBAs, be able to troubleshoot on your 64-bit system at home!

And if you missed my commentary about a new monitor, check this one out. Someone posted it in the forum and my wife was sitting nearby when I saw it. She then promptly told my daughter that "Daddy is delusional".

Steve Jones

• Low-Cost??? and YOU are the delusional one????  I haven't seen the price, but somehow I bet it costs more than my truck.

Steve

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply