mmc.exe error

• When I right click on table and go to Desing. I get an mmc.exe application error.

Teh instruction at "<hexideciamal number> referenced at "<hexideciaml number>. The memory could not be written.

Has anybody come across this? I have re-installed several times but to no avail.

-jg

-JG

• haven't seen it. You might have a problem with MMC (a windows app) rather than EM (an MMC snap in.

Can you manage the Itnernet services through MMC?

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• I have seen this problem,i have installed SP2 after which i did not come across this problem.

• I saw this error with a SQL Server install that was completed enough for the engine to run, but mmc couldn't bring up the SQL Server plug-in.

SP2 includes some fixes for EM (list all tables in Taskpad view is among them), so SP2 I believe installs a revised plug-in. When we put SP2 on the system, the mmc errors went away, just as with mkumari.

K. Brian Kelley

bk@warpdrivedesign.org

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/bkelley/

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• I had to copy over the MSDesigner98 folder then re-install SQL7 and SP2. Probably could of got by just re-applying SP2 after I copied over the folder, but this did fix the problem.

-JG

• Thanks for the followup.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply