Missing folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS14.SQL2017\Reporting Services\ReportServer

• Hi,
    I have a report server and I have a few reports deployed to it.
    I am trying to configure it to send emails but I am not able to do it.
    I have gone into the report server configuration manager and set up the email setting, and yet I am not able to do it.
    I read that I need to change the RsReportServer.config but I am not able to find it.
    I went into the folder and I have the MSAS AND MSSQL folder but not the the MSSRS folder (where the config file is supposed to be) and I have also unhide the hidden folder.
    Any ideas on what I am missing or what I am doing wrong?

• astrid 69000 - Thursday, August 9, 2018 7:55 AM

Hi,
    I have a report server and I have a few reports deployed to it.
    I am trying to configure it to send emails but I am not able to do it.
    I have gone into the report server configuration manager and set up the email setting, and yet I am not able to do it.
    I read that I need to change the RsReportServer.config but I am not able to find it.
    I went into the folder and I have the MSAS AND MSSQL folder but not the the MSSRS folder (where the config file is supposed to be) and I have also unhide the hidden folder.
    Any ideas on what I am missing or what I am doing wrong?

The file exists somewhere in the server where SSRS is installed - it's need for it to run. Are you looking at the correct server? Try searching for the file and go from there.

Sue

• I did find it, it was in a folder I didnt have access.
    Do you know what I need to change there?

• astrid 69000 - Thursday, August 9, 2018 9:59 AM

I did find it, it was in a folder I didnt have access.
    Do you know what I need to change there?

If you aren't an administrator on that server, get someone who is involved to see if you can get access to the folder or file if you are going to add that section for mail.
    If you are an administrator, you would have gotten some prompt that you don't have access and then select Continue (I think it is continue...something like that)

Sue

• I am able to open the file, I just need to understand what to add there.

• I went into the file and I see the <RSEmailDPConfiguration> configuration there, with the details that I added on the report server configuration manager. But I still not able to send emails. I am not sure what else I need to do. Any ideas?

• astrid 69000 - Thursday, August 9, 2018 10:43 AM

I am able to open the file, I just need to understand what to add there.

The section to add is listed in this article:
    Configure a Report Server for E-Mail Delivery

The documentation for the config file explains each of the values, what's typically used or when to use it. This is the link to the email section of that article:
    RSReportServer Configuration File

Sue

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply