Miscellaneous Files in Solution/Project

• I frequently use .txt files to control various aspects of my package executions. Right now I have them all lumped together is one folder, but I always have to refer to this folder and I'm having a problem keeping them under version control.

I can put them into a project as a miscellaneous file, but how do I address them? Example: I now reference a file as \\server\share\folder\file. What I really want to do is to make these files device independent. There's got to be a way, I just can't find it.:unsure:

Tim

• You can try what I do for the same thing. I put it in my own drive and call it from the file systems task ( under existing folder) each time. Makes my life easier and even easier to refer to when deploying my package elsewhere. Just create the same path on the destination as well. Hope this helps you a little!

[font="Verdana"]Imagination is more important than knowledge-Albert Einstein[/font]

• Sorry, that won't work. I'm trying to put everything together in the package so I can load it into version control and everything stays together an in sync.

Tim

• Were you able to find an answer on how to reference the files stored in the Miscellaneous folder of the Solution Explorer? I have some executable files that I want to include in the project so they're automatically transferred when the project is deployed. I need to allow flexibility in regards to where these files are stored once deployed, but still reference them from within the package.

Specifically I want to be able to dynamically reference them in an Execute Process Task, regardless if the Solution is being edited in C:\Temp on the development box and the installation folder for the package dependencies is on the D:\ drive.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply