Mirroring User Access Problem

• Hi,

The actually mirroring is working fine, but I have problem with accessing the mirrored server.

In our case the principal has a user test1 which has all the necessary access to the database. The mirror has also the user even though I can't give the rights to the mirrored databases. When I do a manual failover for testing and I want to connect with the same user to the mirrored server it doesn't let me. Under security within the actual database I can see the User though.

When I go under secutiry i general for the user and try to assign the roles again for that particular database it says it already has the role.

In this case I have to delete under database -> security the login and assign the roles under general-> secutiry again.

Any Idea what am I doing wrong or how to solve this?

Regards, Stephan

• Hi,

Sounds like your user was created locally on mirror server, thus the SID from the principal server is different. You will need to transfer you logins\users from principal to mirror server to ensure a seamless security model.

Here's a good read:

http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/tarad/archive/2008/06/24/How-to-transfer-SQL-logins-between-SQL-Server-2005-instances.aspx

Phillip Cox

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply