Mirroring errors

• Hi,

I'm trying to set-up mirroring but am getting nowhere fast.

I have 2 Windows 2008 R2 servers: Server1 and Server2. I want to mirror over a dedicated NIC, and am using the following:

--Run this on the principal server

CREATE ENDPOINT [MIRRORING_ENDPOINT]

AUTHORIZATION [mydomain\mydomainaccount]

STATE=STARTED

AS TCP (LISTENER_PORT = 5023, LISTENER_IP = (10.10.77.101))

FOR DATA_MIRRORING (ROLE = PARTNER, AUTHENTICATION = WINDOWS NEGOTIATE

, ENCRYPTION = REQUIRED ALGORITHM RC4)

GO

--Run this on the mirror server

CREATE ENDPOINT [MIRRORING_ENDPOINT]

AUTHORIZATION [mydomain\mydomainaccount]

STATE=STARTED

AS TCP (LISTENER_PORT = 5022, LISTENER_IP = (10.10.72.102))

FOR DATA_MIRRORING (ROLE = PARTNER, AUTHENTICATION = WINDOWS NEGOTIATE

, ENCRYPTION = REQUIRED ALGORITHM RC4)

GO

These endpoints create fine. I can telnet to each port and type 16 characters before breaking.

I then restore the database + transaction log to the mirror server with norecovery

I then run the following TSQL:

--On the mirror, I run this

ALTER DATABASE MIRRORTEST

SET PARTNER = 'TCP://myprincipal.my.domain.co.uk:5023'

--On the principal I run this

ALTER DATABASE MIRRORTEST

SET PARTNER = 'TCP://mymirror.my.domain.co.uk:5022'

The first ALTER DATABASE statement completes successfully. However, 2nd statement fails with the following error:

Msg 1418, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

The server network address "TCP://ENTSQLPROD.int.hermes.co.uk:5022" can not be reached or does not exist. Check the network address name and that the ports for the local and remote endpoints are operational.

At the same time, in the SQL Server error log, I can see the following errors:

Database mirroring has been terminated for database 'MIRRORTEST'. This is an informational message only. No user action is require

Error: 1443, Severity: 16, State: 2.

Database mirroring connection error 2 'Connection attempt failed with error: '10061(failed to retrieve text for this error. Reason: 15105)'.' for 'TCP://ENTSQLPROD.int.hermes.co.uk:5022'.

Error: 1474, Severity: 16, State: 1.

Both SQL Server installations are running under the same domain, which happens to be a domain admin.

I have double checked that the endpoints are started, which they are. I can see that the ports are listening using Netstat (i know I telnet'd to them, but running out of ideas)

Not that it should matter, but this is on a Windows 2008 R2 cluster.

Any ideas?

• Turns out that something's wrong with our mirror server. I mirrored elsewhere and it works fine.

Basically, I am testing mirroring between SQL Server Client Access Points in 2 Windows Clusters. I need the mirroring to be able to failover with the nodes, whilst going down a dedicated NIC.

• From the error I can say Connection handshake failed, target system is ignoring it. Might be firwall at target system(mirrored Machine) is blocking it. So pls check that and if possible disable firewall at target machine and try.

• Hi,

You are using different SQL SERVER then why you using port 5023 & 5022. Please try both port same like 5022....

Satish....

• adb2303 (7/9/2012)

Turns out that something's wrong with our mirror server. I mirrored elsewhere and it works fine.

Basically, I am testing mirroring between SQL Server Client Access Points in 2 Windows Clusters. I need the mirroring to be able to failover with the nodes, whilst going down a dedicated NIC.

Ensure that you have made the entry for both servers in the host file in each server. Seems without the entry server is facing the issue when resolving FQDN names.

saidapurs (7/11/2012)

Hi,

You are using different SQL SERVER then why you using port 5023 & 5022. Please try both port same like 5022....

Satish....

I think it doesn't matter any way. It is perfectly fine to use different ports on different machines.

Sujeet Singh

• For the testing purpose and learning I follow the link:

http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mssql/article.php/3828341/Database-Mirroring-in-SQL-Server-2008.htm

and my mirroring test setup is working fine. Go through it, it might help you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply