Mirroring between two servers

• Hi DBAs,

I need some clarification on setting up SQL mirroring between different version of SQL Server. Can we setup mirroring between SQL Server 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2014. We are testing so just need to setup mirroring and when configuring mirroring got the below error message. Please help..

'CANTL\Prd1' is not a valid mirror server instance, which must be the Enterprise, Developer, or Standard edition of SQL Server.

• Aatish Patel (10/19/2016)

Hi DBAs,

I need some clarification on setting up SQL mirroring between different version of SQL Server. Can we setup mirroring between SQL Server 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2014. We are testing so just need to setup mirroring and when configuring mirroring got the below error message. Please help..

'CANTL\Prd1' is not a valid mirror server instance, which must be the Enterprise, Developer, or Standard edition of SQL Server.

Just out of interest, what edition of SQL Server is CANTL\Prd1?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Mirroring between 2 different version of SQL Server is not supported (MSDN). Here you're attempting mirror a instance that is 2 versions later, so I'm not really surprised by the error you're getting.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• thanks for your reply. the CANTL\Prd1 is SQL 2015 EE and the primary server is SQL 2008 R2

• Aatish Patel (10/19/2016)

SQL 2015 EE

2015 huh that's a new one

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Sorry please ignore my typo I mean SQL 2014 EE

• is it enterprise or evaluation edition

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Sorry.. It's an Enterprise Edition

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply