Migration from SQL Server 2012 to Oracle 11g

• Hi Gurus,

I Could like to get your inputs on how to migrate from SQL 2012 to Oracle 11g.

I do have complex SSIS packages too. Could you please share your input.

Oracle SQL Developer migtration tool does not support MS SQL 2012 for migration.

Cheers,

Got an idea..share it !!

DBA_Vishal

• Good luck with that...

There's a tool that does the exact opposite, but I don't know if Oracle provides one.

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Unless you're utilising specific data types and features of SQL 2012, Oracle SQL Developer can definitely do a reasonable job of scripting objects and data to give a starting point - just select the 2008 option.

Don't kid yourself on the complexity of this though, there's no one-click tool that's going to give you a working application at the end if it, there's a lot of development effort required to migrate platforms.

There's nothing to migrate SSIS packages to the Oracle equivalent (ODI/Warehouse Builder?). They're also separate products in the Oracle ecosystem, they're not bundled with Oracle Database.

• Out of curiosity, why 11g, that's quite an old horse? BTW, don't know of any automatic tools for the job, normally is scripting rebuilding, rewriting and transferring kind of a job.

😎

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply