Migrating to SQL Server 2008 R2 prior to SP1 release

• Thanks

Luke C
    MCSE: Data Platform, MCP, MCTS, MCITP - Database Administrator & Database Developer

• I voted "No", but only because it doesn't have a lot of new features I'm excited about and there are licensing implications.

I'm not worried about it being buggy in the same way as a whole new iteration of SQL Server could be though as they've barely touched the core RDBMS engine and nearly all of the new features are related to BI.

• It's been over 6 months since the poll.

Anyone have the scoop on when 2008 R2 SP1 will be released?

• I have a few 2008R2 servers in production and haven't had any problems. Most are running on Windows 2008R2 but I do have one running on Windows 2003R2. I do really like the centralized management server and am starting to explore policy management.

• Was just released back on the 11th last month. I'm checking in another thread to see if anyone has implemented it yet.

• We've implemented it in our QA environment for a division within our company. Ramping up for a deploy across the enterprise.

Luke C
    MCSE: Data Platform, MCP, MCTS, MCITP - Database Administrator & Database Developer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply